TOPICS IN MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY
This course is designed to:
- To provide an overview of phlebotomy, including proper blood collection technique resulting in the collection of a quality blood specimen with minimal patient discomfort.
- To provide the student with basic knowledge in areas of management principles, financial management, human resource management, communication skills, educational principles, current issues in the profession, team leadership and group networking, research design, and continuing education.
- To provide the student with an understanding of computer concepts, the laboratory information system (LIS), and the hospital information system (HIS).
- To provide an introduction to the clinical laboratory, laboratory safety principles, general laboratory practice, and application of laboratory data.
- To provide the student with phlebotomy techniques/skills and the exposure to histology skills.