This course is designed to provide knowledge and skills in order to:
- To provide an overview of immunology and molecular genetics theory with emphasis on clinical significance relating to medical application.
- To provide knowledge of immunology, HLA, molecular genetics, and cytogenetics, and an understanding of test principles and equipment used in these areas.
- To provide an understanding of the concepts, clinical practices, and techniques associated with modern transfusion medicine.
- To increase the understanding of Immunohematology through practical application, performing routine procedures, and preparing blood components for transfusion.
- To prepare students to become competent and confident medical laboratory scientists in the Transfusion Services department of the laboratory.